Tuesday, March 3, 2009

When Satan Comes, He Steals, Kills, And Destroys

Dear Beloved Family- When Satan comes, He Steals, Kills, and Destroys # 6 02/26/07


Dear Beloved Family,
Well it’s been awhile since my last family letter and a lot has happened. At times I wish God would just show me my future and his plans for me, so I could know what choices I should make. This would help me to avoid mistakes. So I thought! At times I feel he shows me a glimpse and revelation of my future, but they are in pieces. I believe these are our hopes and dreams. God puts dreams in our heads, because he knows us better than we know ourselves. Our dreams are God’s revelation of his perfect plan for our lives! “Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall known fully, even as I am fully known,” (1 Corinthians 13:12). I heard a statement from a pastor on television the other day, and I really understand it to the fullest now! He said, “If God told you your future and laid out your path to receive it, it wouldn’t take any faith. “Without faith it is impossible to please God” (Hebrews 11:6) and it would scare you so much that you would say, That’s Ok God, forget it, I can’t do that!” If you have forgotten what my last statement was in my last family letter, let me refresh your memory. “ Satan doesn’t know who he has been messing with, when he tried to destroy my life! For all his evil, I will expose him so he can not hide in the darkness anymore!” Let me tell you, I didn’t know what kind of battle I was facing when I said that. If I had known what was around the bend, I wouldn’t have started this whole family letter! And that is exactly why GOD REVEALS IN PIECE’S. Fifteen years ago, was when I really started this journey. I decided that I was going to put God first in my life, and try my best to follow his commands. When we put God first, He can use us for his glory. Six years ago I really got into the word. I consumed it daily. I ate, drank and slept the word. The only television I watch was evangelism. The only books that I read were the Bible or Christian books. I only listened to Christian music or tapes coming or going in the car. And I spoke words of faith as I went to work everyday for at least 4 to 5 years. This is exactly what I said every other day as I drove to work. In the name and blood and body of Jesus, through grace, faith, hope, and love, I am a God fearing, God loving, God obedient, God speaking, drug free, alcohol free, smoke free, debt free, anxiety free, fearless, young, thin, healthy, beautiful, bold, confident, emotionally, financially, famous, successful powerball winner entrepreneur with at least three successful business, including Divine Dental International located at 42nd and Edgewood, serving Jesus Christ my Lord.” God and I think BIG! Then I would go on to say statement of faith about each and every one of you. Trust me, I did this three times a week for years (I worked three days a week). My mentor Joyce Meyer had said speak what you want in your life, and speak it daily, and so I did (I tried to say it daily but most the time I only remembered going to work). Realize, after years of doing this and not seeing things changing how discouraging it gets. Some times I’d get so tired of saying this, but I’d say it anyway, because, “We live by faith, not by sight,” (2 Corinthians 5:7). So I continued to speak words of faith, even when I didn’t want to any more and felt it was of no use. Even thought I didn’t have certain problems anymore like anxiety, alcohol, smoking, and drug abuse, I made these faith statements because Satan had deceived me before in the past with these bondages. Even though I had overcome these problems, desires, and addictions and was no longer a slave to his schemes, I knew he is always looking for ways to entangle us once again. This is described in (1 Peter 5:8) it says, “Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.” And also in (2 Peter 2:19-20) it says, “for a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. If they have escaped the corruption of the world by knowing our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and are again entangled in it and overcome, they are worse off at the end then they were at the beginning.” These verse’s tell us Satan is always trying to trap us even in things we’ve defeated, and if we fall in the trap it’s worse the 2nd time around. I was fighting the good fight of faith, (1 Timothy 6:12), so nothing was going to stop me and life was so good! Then it happened Satan attacked me and my world ended, so it seemed. John 10:10, says, “ the thief comes to steal, kill and destroy” I had heard Joyce Meyer say many times that when you do God’s work, plan on being attacked by Satan. He doesn’t bother those who don’t serve God because they are not a threat to him. Usually they are playing into his hands, and already serving him. I knew this, but I felt I could handle anything he threw at me and never expected what was coming. If I had known what was coming, I probably would have said, “not me God, I’m not strong enough for that. Find someone else who’s stronger than me. To be continued………………

No comments:

Post a Comment