Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Dear Beloved Family - The Enemy Is Real!

Dear Beloved Family - The Enemy Is Real! # 4 -09/04/05


Dear Beloved Family,
I hope life is treating you good. I am very grateful to GOD for my health, home and family! Just last week Hurricane Katrina hit the gulf and many fellow Americans can not say this! Their homes are destroyed, family member are missing or gone and many peoples health have been affected or will be affected due to all the stress and disease from this tragedy. Two weeks ago, Mom, Hayleah and I went to the Green Bay Believer’s Convention also called this year, the Overflow Prosperity Convention. The last two years it was held in Green Bay Wisconsin, which I attended both. The first year Barb, my friend, and I went. The second year, Barb, Mom, Hayleah, and I attended. They have a great kids program, called Super Kids Academy. This year there were over 700 kids registered and over 7000 adults from all over America and 23 nations in the world. This year it was held in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, with 8 great preacher, which I’ve seen all on TV These are the names of the ministers, so if you ever get a chance to listen to them on T. V., you will learn a lot from them! Kenneth and Gloria Copeland (Texas), Creflo Dollar (Georgia), Jesse Duplantis (New Orleans), Jerry Savelle (Texas), Keith Butler (Detroit), Bill Winston (Chicago), Keith Moore (Branson MO). IT WAS A GREAT TIME EMERCING OUR SPIRIT IN GOD’S WORD FOR 6 DAY! My spirit is getting stronger and stronger each day, from hearing the word.Diane Page 1 3/3/2009
Well I’m finally going to write about, what I wanted to write about, 3 letters ago! All during my growing up years, attending First Christian Church in Ottumwa and Cedar Christian Church in Cedar Rapids (both Disciples of Christ Churches) I NEVER HEARD A SERMON ON THE ENEMY, OR SATAN OR THE DEVIL. And because I never read the Bible, I thought he was just make believe for Halloween time. When I started to listen to Joyce Meyers, Ken Copeland, Creflo Dollar, they all talked about Satan and how he was always attacking us and tempting us to do his will, instead of God’s will. This was all new to me, so I listen intently. Then I started to read the Bible and found he, (the enemy, Satan, the devil, the dragon, serpent) was through out the Bible. I started to question, why I was never taught more about this evil spirit and his existence? I will give you the answer to this question, but first I want to establish his true existence. We learn who Satan is, in the last book of the Bible in Revelation12: 7, “And there was war in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back. But he was not strong enough, and they lost their place in heaven. The great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him.” So Satan was an angel in heaven. In Isaiah 14:12-15, it says,
“12 O morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations!
13 You said in your heart, "I will ascend to heaven; I will raise my throne above the stars of God; I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly, on the utmost heights of the sacred mountain.
14 I will ascend above the tops of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High."
15 But you are brought down to the grave, to the depths of the pit.”
This verse tells us why Satan was thrown to the earth! He was rebellious to God. Satan wanted to raise himself up above God. In the 1st book of the Bible, Genesis 3:1-5, it tells how the devil deceived Eve. This was the fall of man.

1 Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the LORD God had made. He said to the woman, "Did God really say, 'You must not eat from any tree in the garden'?"
2 The woman said to the serpent, "We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, 3 but God did say, 'You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.' "
4 "You will not surely die," the serpent said to the woman. 5 "For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil." So now I’ve established, Satan in the 1st, middle, and last book of the Bible. But he is also weaved through out the whole bible, new and old. In John 10:10 Jesus says “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.” The Bible goes on to tell us why Jesus came to us in 1 John 3:8, “He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work.” In John 17:15, Jesus prays for his disciples protection from Satan, “My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one.” Lastly in 1 Peter 5:8, it says, “Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.” Satan is a Spirit, just as God is a Spirit. His dominion is here in the world. He knows is time is running short and he is mad! He’s trying to figure out how he can win, and he does not care who he hurt or destroys in the process as stated in Revelation 12:12 “Therefore rejoice, you heavens and you who dwell in them! But woe to the earth and the sea, because the devil has gone down to you! He is filled with fury, because he knows that his time is short."
I believe many churches do not preach about Satan, our enemy, because of fear. The Churches don’t want to dwell on the negative, but want to concentrate on the positive, or Love. And I believe we do need to concentrate on the positive also. I have always preached, and tried to reflect on the good things in my life, no matter what is going on. But I believe; that if you bury your head in the sand and don’t know the truth, because of fear, you can’t defend yourself against something that does not exist! (in your mind) The enemy -Satan is more real than any thing you can see. The unseen is more real than the seen. Think about it, God IS UNSEEN. GOD is more real than you or I. He created us!!!!!!!!!!! Hosea 4:6, says,” my people are destroyed from lack of knowledge” What you don’t know, can hurt you. I also believe main stream churches want to be just that- main stream- not to radical. They want to go down the middle of the road- to please the masses- to be politically correct. They don’t want to ruffle any feathers, or stir up any more controversy. In continuing letters, I will expound more on this subject. But before I go, I must give you one more scripture, so you will not fear Satan. Luke 10 :17-20, “The seventy-two returned with joy and said, "Lord, even the demons submit to us in your name."
He replied, "I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you. However, do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven." In Jesus name, you have authority over Satan. But if you don’t read the Bible, you don’t know that. That’s exactly what your enemy doesn’t want you to know. He doesn’t want you to know he exist or that you have authority over him. What I am going to reveal to you will set you free from the bondage and infirmities he has placed on you, without you knowing it! God bless you!




Divine Love
Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment